Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ahhh, the beach

This past weekend we spent the day at the beach. After the beach clean up, it was play time! We packed a picnic and strolled over to the base of the huge sand hill in Pacific City. After lunch the kids asked if they could climb it. Thinking that they would make it about 1/3 of the way up then peter out, I said sure and let them trudge, walk, crawl up the hill. Once they made it half way up, I was reconsidering the whole plan. Holy cow, they were going to make it all the way, without a parent there to help them down. I was going to have to climb that huge sand mountain myself, all for the well being of my children.


So I started the climb. About half way up I needed a break and took a seat and enjoyed the view. Then I looked up. There were my young children frolicking at the top of this huge mountain of sand. Oh how demoralizing!


So I made the final push to get up the hill with my kiddos and oh the view on the other side was worth the light headedness, the sweat dripping down my back and the burning in my legs:)


Little did I know that they top of this mountain was not a rounded summit as I had thought. Nope it was a cliff. Shesh, a cliff! I sent my babies to play on a cliff. Nice.


After a while, I noticed that Chad had decided to make the trek up the hill. All I can say is that he did make it:) I will not comment on his physical well being once he reached the top:)


Once we all made it to the top, we sat in silence, some out of necessity, others by choice:) As we sat there absorbing the beauty that God had created, we were constantly surrounded by dragonflies. It must be migration or baby making season for them, they were everywhere. I was able to just stand at the top and video them, amazing!

Enjoy!

No comments: