Thursday, September 23, 2010

Makin' Soup

The growing season is coming to an end and that means my garden is full of yummy vegetables begging to be eaten. Unfortunately, the four of us can only eat so much at one time:) The canning has begun! This is my second year of making veggie soup and make soup I did.

This year I only had to purchase two ingredients for my soup, the rest is from our little garden, hurray!

I threw in some chopped purple carrots and green beans


Diced cherry tomatoes


Onions and Potatoes


A bit of Thyme and some frozen corn


I wanted to throw him in the pot as well, but he just wouldn't fit:)


I let it all simmer for a while and then canned it. The soup turns a pretty purple hue (thanks to our special purple carrots) and is perfect for a winter afternoon.


Hungry yet?

No comments: