Sunday, May 9, 2010

Why I'm A Mom

I am a mom. I'm a mom to my lovely daughter and to my adventurous son. I'm also mother to Sera, our Angel in Heaven. I didn't go to a class to be a mom nor do I have a certificate stating that I've trained in anyway for motherhood. It just happened from one moment to the next, first it was just my husband and I in our tiny family and then, just like that, we were three. I was a mom. A mom to this precious little wrinkly thing that changed my life forever. Two and a half years later, I became a mom twice over when Sera's soul went to Jesus. Now I was a mom who knew grief, who had suffered for my child, and who had to learn how to come to peace with the loss of my child and the knowledge that our family history would forever be changed. Soon after that, I became mom to my sweet, amazing boy. Just another small passage of time and we were a family of four, my life changed forever once again. Now, three years later, I've come to the point in motherhood where I don't have babies, but a toddler and a young lady. Nursing in the middle of the night, changing diapers, and constant doctor appointments has changed to become play dates, crafts, reading time and homework.


I relish my days that I am blessed to be able to spend with my children and at times wonder how life would be if my Sera was here. I look forward with excitement (mostly) to the future and can't wait to see who my children grow to become. I pray for their souls, I nourish their bodies and their minds, and most importantly, I love them. Everyday. Every second! So to the three amazing babies who turned me from just plain old me to mom, thank you. Thank you for the experience and the chance to raise you in the ways of the Lord. Thank you for snuggles and sloppy kisses, wilted flowers and scribble drawings. What a blessing to my life each of you are. Without each of my little ones, I wouldn't be the woman I am today, a Mom.

No comments: