Friday, February 5, 2010

Valentine's Day is coming!

With Valentines day quickly approaching, Kyla and I have actually planned ahead this year and have done her class cards early:) I found this great idea over at Sew Mama Sew. It's a great way to use up those bits of fabric scraps that you can't bear to part with. Good for the environment and for your wallet.

Introducing our Fabric Heart Valentines.

First I printed out heart shapes on cardstock paper using Microsoft Word. Then I attached the cardstock to fabric scraps (that Kyla got to chose) using some wonder under fusible webbing. Any two sided fabric adhesive will do though I'm sure.


Next up was some cutting work. Kyla carefully cut out the heart shape using the lines as guides. That took quite a while for her little hands:)


All that was left to do was writting the recipient's names and signing them, again a Kyla job.


What an easy project! It combined both mine and Kyla's loves - she loves to cut and I love anything to do with fabric:) The bonuses being that it helped empty out my scraps pile that I just couldn't throw out and we didn't have to go and spend money on cheesy, mass produced valentines. A win-win for everyone!

No comments: