Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sewing Craze!

I'm on a roll with this refashioning kick! Here are a couple more of my successes.

This dress is a hand-me-down from my sister-in-law. It's not necessarily to my taste but I remembered how much my niece LOVED it. I called them and asked for Hannah's waist measurement, they are pretty used to random requests like that by now:) I haven't used any type of pattern so far in my refashioning adventures so each piece is a result of lots of brain work and some luck thrown in. Now she has her apple skirt, oh how happy our little part of the world is!


This dress is a beautiful HMD but didn't fit Kyla well and I'm not a big fan of halter tops on my baby girl. So...I lopped of the halter part and made a nice straight(ish) top and brought in the waist a couple of inches. I made some straps from the dress scraps and wow, how cute does she look!

1 comment:

Joce said...

You are so creative! I"m way impressed. Nice work, they're beautiful.