Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sneak Peak

We are still here! I know that most of my friends think that I have become a hermit or that I've fallen off the face of the earth, but that is not true. We've been working on the house. That's right, it's the dreaded remodeling word.

I recently decided that I was tired of the wallpaper that was chosen thirty years ago, same for the Formica and our rusted out old bathroom sink. The bathroom mirror made my eye twitch and the dark paneling crushed my soul. Well, "NO MORE!" I shouted to myself and to that dark, dreary paneling about three weeks ago. And since then, I've been covered in primer and paint splatters, inhaled a bit of sawdust, and shopped around for the best deal all over Yamhill County.

Now let me introduce you to my favorite tool, the tool that started it all. This is my friend the putty knife. Now I know that he looks pretty unassuming and a bit run down but I can probably take apart this whole house with this wonder:)


I've even pulled Kyla over to the dark side of remodeling:)


Here are peaks of what was...


And what is coming...


We are finally closing in on the finishing touches! Just a bit more grueling evenings and I think we made be done. Well, almost done:) Then I have to decorate...and get matching towels...and some curtains...and a coat tree. Hmmm, maybe it will be a couple more weeks yet:)

Chad has officially taken away my precious putty knife, I think he might just be afraid of what I'll tear apart next:)

No comments: