Monday, August 11, 2008

Sweet Friends

You're...
My Friends, my companions,
through good times and bad
my friend, my buddy, through happy and sad,
beside me you stand, beside me you walk,
you're there to listen, you're there to talk,
with happiness, with smiles, with pain and tears,
I know you'll be there, throughout the years!


Hannah, Kyla and Meira

What a blessing to have our friends live near. How lucky are we that they are our family as well! Kyla's cousins, Hannah and Meira, are her dearest friends and constant companions. They have loved her from the moment of her birth and showed her that love unceasingly. My heart gets all mushy when I think of all the memories and fun that these girls share together. They have fought, of course, but always end up with a smile on their faces and joy in their hearts. Beth and I stand back as we watch our babies grow into these amazing girls who will someday turn into wonderful women. Oh the joy of having friends who will stand beside you through this process, even during the rough patches. To my daughter and my nieces, enjoy each other, support one another, and always be thankful for this friendship that you have been blessed with.

1 comment:

Joce said...

Sniff, sniff. . . I'm such a sap when I'm prego. What a neat thing for cousins to be such buddies. I long for this for our boys as well. sweet poem too. =)