Thursday, January 27, 2011

We are still in the running

I received an email this morning from our Realtor and it seems that the bank is still actively considering our offer, even though we offered almost $20 thousand below the other family! I'm really not sure what to think at this point. We had pretty much accepted that we weren't going to be purchasing that house so we've been looking around again and found a house in our area that we are going to go and take a look at.

I'm pretty conflicted. We have moved several times from Molalla to Newberg to Scappoose and then to our current home in Lafayette. It didn't seem scary then, now it does. We'll have to find a new church, new doctors, and new friends. We'll have to change our shopping habits, and our "quickly running into town for something" habits as well:) My children were born in this area and I'm having a hard time with the thought of pulling them from their school (Which we love!!!) and their friends. I know that they will adapt much more quickly than Chad and I will. I still worry that we may not be doing the right thing at the right time.

I ask that you pray with us regarding the next step in our lives. Do we stay in our comfort zone or do we venture out a bit and move to a new area? Actually not so new since Chad and I went to high school there:) But it does feel kind of like a foreign country:) Have you ever had a conversation with someone from Molalla? It's a whole different ball game:)

No comments: