Monday, January 11, 2010

Whoo Whoo


I found this wonderful tutorial at awednesdayafternoon.blogspot.com on Sunday and I haven't been able to get it off my mind. I've been meaning to make myself a bag to throw stuff in as I run out the door but just haven't gotten around to it. After seeing this owl bag, I just had to make my own. I can't say that owls are my new favorite decorative subject, but this bag is cute! I busted out my very own owl bag last evening with some scrap fabric that I just happen to have left over from past projects. It fits my water bottle, a couple of library books, and other random stuff and it's perfect to have hanging by the door for a quick exit.


I was gifted a new digital point and shoot camera from my dear husband for Christmas and I believe that he purposely didn't buy a case knowing that I would want to/could make a case for it:) So I did. I used some left over material from a purse I've made (does it look familiar Randi?) and some batting and lightly followed a tutorial I'd found on line. Some Velcro and Wala! my camera is safe and cozy:)


Off to Kyla's school for the day to help in her classroom. I'm taking my new bag of course:)

3 comments:

Jolina said...

very cute bag.. I see my scraps have been made into something useful!! love that pink and brown.

Bethany said...

This is adorable! Great job! Thanks for sharing and for linking to the tutorial. :)

Dominique Bjorlin said...

The Owl Bag is So Cute! Love the fabric for the camera case too!