Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Life isn't complete without your very own cape, Right?


Yep, I did mean to type cape:) We are going to a birthday party for a special little gal this evening and as I was thinking out loud about homemade gift ideas to my s-n-l, she very quickly and boldly stated, "every kid needs a cape!" Well then, I made a cape, because every kid needs one:)

I have a prom/formal dress given to me to add to my piles of clothing for re-fashioning that is this weird puple/pink fabric. I hacked it to pieces this morning while Gavin was being enriched by Thomas the Train, and came up with this simple cape. I used a bit of purple velvet that I had kept from another project for the yoke and the ties from the dress. Gavin happily modeled for me, being that he and our little friend are close in size. A cape for my little man may be in order after seeing how much he enjoyed wearing this one, maybe without the ruffle for Chad's benefit:)


After it was all said and done, I was wondering what kind of strange and foreign material the original dress was made of...just a quick peak at the tag and whoops, I just cut up and made a cape from raw silk. Yep, silk. Sure hope she likes it:)

1 comment:

Nay said...

You're an inspiration to us all. I have to start a project years in advance to get it done on time and here you are idea, start and complete in no time at all! If only everyone had your work ethic!!