Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ranting Continued

After talking with our 24-hour advice nurse through our insurance and talking with the on-call dr at our Pediatrics office last night, we decided against giving Kyla the medication. We did some research and found that it was NOT the right thing to give her. She woke up pain and fever free this morning but I took her in to her normal dr anyway and he found no ear infection and was surprised (not pleasantly) that she had been prescribed what she had been. It is not generally given to children under 16 unless its a last resort type of situation.

Now we decide what to do next. We feel like we need to let others know that the dr that we saw made a choice that was not in the best interest of his patient. I want to make sure another mom out there doesn't get duped by this dr. Maybe he shouldn't be practicing medicine...I'm just not sure where to go from here. I think we'll start off with a letter to the Immediate care facility and attempt to get a refund for poor and inappropriate care.

At this point, I do not recommend McMinnville's Immediate Care:)

No comments: