Monday, January 26, 2009

Just a normal day

God knew that I was getting to the bottom of my well of patience this past weekend and He opened up so many great opportunities for me to go and have some relaxation time with my gal friends. I went to Rose's Deli up in Sherwood on Friday night with two friends, one whom I haven't seen in almost a year. We closed up the restaurant after eating the most delicious carrot cake and were finally, politely, asked to leave:) Saturday afternoon brought us a visit from David, one of our throwers back when we were coaching at Fox. It was great to catch up on his life and see what a wonderful man he has become. On Sunday evening, a bunch of ladies that I know from Stroller Strides went out to our local Italian restaurant here in Lafayette. The food was excellent and the company even better.

This weekend I was gently reminded (and not so gently) that I need to spend more time with my friends. As life passes by so quickly, I find myself in a rut of staying home and becoming a hermit. It's time that I got back out there and enjoyed the friends that God has blessed me with. Anyone up for a play date?

No comments: