Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Goodmorning to me...

Well, I woke up this morning with Kyla screaming my name. You know the whole staying in bed issue we've been having with Gavin, well, we are still working on it. Now add into the mix his new desire to take his clothes off, yes even his diaper. Can you see where I'm going with this? Gavin had woken up, taken of his pjs and his diaper, climbed up on Kyla's loft bed, and proceeded to pee. Needless to say, Kyla was NOT impressed. Of course by the time I got there, being dragged out of bed by a horrible screech, he had crawled down the ladder and then peed on the floor. An hour later, I can laugh and say, "Thank goodness it was only pee.":)

We went up to WA to spend a couple days of the Christmas season with Chad's family. We barely made it up their unplowed driveway and road and then barely made it out to go home. The eight kids played and the eight adults played too:) My niece, Ana, even styled my hair, oh how pretty I looked. The snow is almost gone and I can only rejoice. What a strange and fun Christmas we had this year.


We had a nice quiet day yesterday. We played with our new toys and just enjoyed playing together. I will say that I was very ready for a quiet house after all the company we've had:) I sent out my christmas cards already this morning, a little late:) This was the Christmas for technical difficulties, everything I did online had problems...


Imagine a 20 minute pause right then. Gavin just hopped into the office with a diaper dragging behind one leg! And wouldn't you know it, it wasn't just pee. I've just spent the last 20 minutes cleaning up globs of poop of my carpet and my son's legs. Ahhhgg! Okay, now I'm at a loss. Do I duct tape my son's clothes to his body? Is that what a good mother does??? Put snaps in all of his clothes? Sheesh, better go and get my stack of parenting books out and try to find something that we can try. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Joce said...

Oh my!!!!!!! Duct tape the diaper closed sounds good to me. Or maybe you can have him "help" with the clean up process. . . . Wow! I know I'll have my fair share of crazy stories. We found my oldest had picked his nose and wiped it ALL over the wall last night. . . .fun times. I laugh after the fact and ask the Lord what can I learn from this too. . .and please give me patience and wisdom in the process Lord. Thinking of you. Love you friend.