Friday, July 23, 2010

Camp Out


Chad came home from work today giddy with excitement, okay, maybe not giddy, but excited no less about camping out back with the kiddos. We haven't gotten around to camping yet this summer and the kids have been asking about it lately. So Wa La! Set up the tent, drag over the fire pit, and grab the marshmallows. We are ready to roll:)


I, of course, will be sleeping inside tonight on my nice, comfy bed. I'm not much of a camper. Now I don't mind camping in a motor home, nor a camper...but in a tent on the ground? I've come to the realization that I can camp once a year in a tent on the cold, hard ground. Chad gets to choose when that is:) Tonight was not it, Can I get an Amen?!


Our marvelous fire pit was my birthday present this year and due to the flood like rain we've had up until now, it's usage was pretty low. But, yummmmy, it makes a mean smore. Just look at this amazing pig smore it made...Yep, I said pig. Really, take a look.


We watched the stars come out and sang to welcome the moon. We gasped with delight as the bats flew overhead and we cuddled close to keep warm. Then I walked inside to let those crazy family members of mine sleep out in the cold, on the hard ground, with all the bugs.

No comments: