Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm Famous!

Okay, well not really famous. But a project of mine is:) I recently made a backpack for Gavin to wear on our coming plane trip to IN this summer. I constructed it out of an outgrown pair of overalls and a knit turtleneck. I didn't have a pattern, I just came up with something that happened to work out:)


I blogged about it on the Wardrobe Refashion website fulfilling my weekly commitment for my pledge. The backpack has gotten rave reviews:) I've now been asked to make a tutorial and the backpack was just highlighted on the craftgossip.com website! How Cool! Here is the link...

http://sewing.craftgossip.com/lookie-what-she-made-backpack-from-overalls/2009/05/19/

It's funny to me that my penny-pinching nature and a simple idea have gotten such a response!

Here is the Famous Backpack.

2 comments:

Tubbs Family said...

That is a great idea! I'm REALLY impressed! So cleaver.

Joce said...

Wow!!! You are AMAZINGLY crafty and creative. I LOVE IT!!!