Friday, March 20, 2009

Too much free time...


While I was upstairs getting a load of laundry to wash then later pack, Gavin was being devious and Twoish. (Yep, I made that word up. For those of us who have a two year old or who have had one, we know that it should be a word) I found him hiding in a corner of the kitchen behind one of our kid chairs. At first glance it looked like he had contracted some foreign disease with symptoms that included a slimy red rash, red globules on gums, sickeningly sweet breath, and a maniacal look in the eye.

Hmmm, after some investigation of his person I conlcuded that he did not have a disease, but had found my chapstick in the diaper bag and had proceded to smear it all over his torso and face. Of course that was followed by eating the remaining chapstick of the cherry flavored variety. Yum. Only a kid would think that waxxy stuff was edible.

Now I'm left wondering what to do with a mostly eaten tube of chapstick. Do I just wipe of the teeth marks and continue to use it? Do I toss it? Do I just give up the battle of wills and let him moisturize his entire body with it, making my the softest baby in the county? What to do...

No comments: