Sunday, October 10, 2010

One More Project Done!

My list of to-do's for my entryway is getting shorter and shorter! Hurray! My latest project was started way back in August with a couple of spoons that I picked up from a local antique store. I can't remember where I saw the idea of making hooks out of spoons, but I knew that I wanted to do it:) My dad has his handy-dandy metal shop and Gav and I went and smashed, drilled and bent spoons to our hearts content. Thanks Dad:)


With smashed, drilled, and bent spoons in hand, I rummaged through Chad's wood supply and found two boards that would work for a shelf. I sawed, measured (not in that order), glued, and nailed. Add a can of white spray paint to the mix and some finish screws and I had made myself a decorative shelf. A little rustic but perfect for my spoon hooks. I hung decorative plates that I had found a couple years ago with hopes of having a pretty place to display them from my newly made spoon hooks. I added a bit of red ribbon and my new chicken art and I have a prettily decorated wall in my entryway.


Welcome into my home:)

No comments: