Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Grand Reveal

For over a month, I've had our house in upheaval as I beautified our upstairs gathering space. Shelving in the bathroom, piles of books in the bedroom. Tables and rocking chairs in the kid's room. That sort of upheaval. The sort that makes walking in the dark of night dangerous:) Add the hassle, I mean joy, of all of us sleeping downstairs in the living room for a week and half:) Boy what fun!

Just to remind you what we have lived with for 8 years, here is a couple of before shots. Please be sure notice the raw wood floor, lack of base trim, ect:)


So here it is, in all it's glory


The stairs just need the stair runner re-installed and bit of touch up paint and then those are done as well.


I have not decorated it as of yet, we still don't know where God is leading us house wise, so I'll wait a bit on that. I am moving all the bookshelvs and books out of my bedroom. It's time to be able to walk without endangering my toes and shins:)

I'll be giving my tired and weary paintbrushes a rest for a least a week before the next project. Ceiling paint, wall paint, trim paint (lots of coats of trim paint), two coats of floor paint, two coats of polyurethane, and lots of touch up. It was an immense amount of work and time, but oh, how I love it!

2 comments:

Joce said...

Wow Jenny~it's gorgeous!!! I love the dark color of the floor and stairs with the white contrast. BEAUTIFUL!!! You, again, AMAZE me!!!

Unknown said...

Nice job Jenny, it's amazing! It looks so high end! The stairs look great too! :)